Download our Graduate support information sheet
How we support graduates
- Access to potential funding
- 1-1 appointments with our Start-up Adviser
- Scale-up business support
- Business-related workshops
- Online interactive webinars
- Co-working office space in the Hallam i-Lab
- Mentoring support
- Networking opportunities
Graduate Case Studies
Start-up Visa (international graduates)
The Start-up Visa provides an opportunity for international graduates with a genuine and credible business idea to establish their business in the UK.
We offer up to 15 new endorsements per year under the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) Start-up Visa programme.
If you receive an endorsement from the University, your visa is valid for up to 2 years from the point of issue subject to the candidate adhering to certain conditions as required by the Enterprise Team.
Next steps for international graduates
Contact the Enterprise Team at least 4 months before graduation.
Complete the expression of interest form.
Eligibility requirements for international graduates
- You have a genuine and credible new start-up business idea
- You are a non-EEA international graduate from Sheffield Hallam University
- This is your first attempt at setting up a business in the UK
- You are resident in the UK at the time of your application – we do not accept applications from outside the UK
- You do not hold a Post Study Work Visa
Please visit the Home Office website* for further information.
*Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.